Ledbury Town Council has an overall responsibility for the well-being of your local neighbourhood. Its work falls into three main categories:
- Representing your local community;
- Delivering services to meet local needs;
- Striving to improve the quality of life in Ledbury;
Powers of the Town Council are wide-ranging and ever increasing. Ledbury Town Council provide and maintain the following services:
- October Fair
- Christmas Lights
- Dog Hill Wood
- Litter bins in Dog Hill Wood
- The Cemetery
- The Closed Churchyard - St Michael & All Angels
- The Recreation Ground
- Some green areas in Deer Park
Ledbury Town Council is funded by a 'precept' which is collected through your council tax. This money is invested back into your local neighbourhood by your local council to improve facilities and services for your. Your Town Council needs to hear from you to understand what Ledbury's needs are, and what is required.
Why Should I Work With My Town Council?
Think about working with your Town Council, or becoming a Town Councillor, if:
- you want to do more for your community, improve quality of life and the local environment?
- you want to influence local decision-making and make sure your money is spend according to local wishes?
- you want to make a difference?